The Board has made every effort to include the information you need to renew your license on this website. Visit our Help Center, FAQs, Continuing Education and Resources page for frequently asked questions, links, forms, applications and other helpful information. If you have additional questions about your renewal process, please contact a renewal specialist.
Current licenses expire at midnight, Eastern Time, on February 28, 2021.
**Important message regarding license expiration dates: As part of the response efforts to the Novel Coronavirus 2019 (COVID- 19), State Surgeon General Dr. Scott A. Rivkees issued Emergency Order DOH No. 20-015 extending the licensure renewal expiration date until March 31, 2021 for any health care practitioner with licensure renewal deadlines between December 31, 2020 and March 01, 2021. The license expiration date for Hearing Aid Specialists expiring January 31, 2021 is extended to March 31, 2021
To ensure you receive your renewal notification from the department, your current mailing address must be on file. Failure to renew an active or inactive license by the expiration date will result in the license being placed in delinquent status. Failure by a delinquent licensee to renew before the expiration of the current licensure cycle renders the license null and void without any further action by the board or the department.
A licensee who remains on inactive status for more than two consecutive biennial licensure cycles and who wishes to reactivate the license may be required to demonstrate the competency to resume active practice by sitting for a special purpose examination or by completing other reactivation requirements.
Licensees requesting to reactivate their license from inactive or retired status are required to pay additional fees and comply with specific continuing education requirements. Please contact the board office at email@example.com to request your reactivation requirements.
If you are reactivating your license, please refer to the Laws & Rules governing your practice for additional requirements.
The department will renew your license upon receipt of:
- Completed renewal application
- Required fees
- Go to www.flhealthsource.gov and click the “Renew A License” button.
- Enter your Personal Identifying Information (PII), then click the Login button.
- Confirm or update your MQA Services Account email address, then click the “Continue” button.
- You are now in the Dashboard. During renewals, a “Renew My License” option will populate no later than 90 days prior to your license expiration date. (Note: If you do not see the “Renew My License” option, please check back at a later time.)
*** If the “PII Failed” screen displays, click the “Other Login Option” button and enter your existing User ID and password to access your account.***
You may renew online if you have a credit or debit card to complete the transaction. Please note that you can now renew online, print a copy of your application summary and mail it with your cashier’s check or money order to:
Division of Medical Quality Assurance
P.O. Box 6320
Tallahassee, FL 32314-6320
Certified check or money order should be made payable to the Florida Department of Health. If renewing BEFORE your license expires, your fees will be:
|Active to Active||$380.00|
|Inactive to Inactive||$380.00|
|Active to Inactive||$380.00|
|Inactive to Active||$530.00|
|Active to Retired||$55.00|
|Inactive to Retired||$55.00|
If renewing AFTER your license expires, your fees will be:
|Active to Active||$755.00|
|Inactive to Inactive||$755.00|
|Active to Inactive||$1,130.00|
|Inactive to Active||$1,280.00|
|Active to Retired||$805.00|
|Inactive to Retired||$805.00|
If renewing 120 day Notified Delinquent, your fees will be:
|Active to Active||$1,260.00|
|Inactive to Inactive||$1,135.00|
|Active to Inactive||$1,135.00|
|Inactive to Active||$1,410.00|
|Active to Retired||$935.00|
|Inactive to Retired||$810.00|
Licenses become Null & Void1 on March 1, 2021.
By submitting the appropriate renewal fees to the department, a licensee acknowledges compliance with all requirements for renewal, including continuing education.
A licensee who remains on inactive status for more than two consecutive biennial licensure cycles and who wishes to reactivate the license may be required to demonstrate competency to resume active practice by sitting for a special purpose examination or by completing other reactivation requirements.
1Null & Void -The licensed practitioner failed to renew their licensure status for two renewal cycles, resulting in their license expiring.
Continuing Education (CE) Requirements
|REQUIRED SUBJECT AREA||REQUIRED NUMBER OF HOURS||IMPORTANT INFORMATION|
|Laws and Rules||2|
|HIV/AIDS||2||**One-time mandatory course|
- Licensed Hearing Aid Specialists may only receive continuing education credit for in-person contact hours.
- Hearing Aid Specialists initially licensed in the biennium prior to renewal are exempt from attending continuing education programs as a condition of renewing the license.
- **Each licensee shall be required to complete (no later than upon first renewal that requires continuing education), a two-hour course on human immunodeficiency virus and acquired immune deficiency syndrome (HIV/AIDS).
- After first renewal mandatory course completion, the licensee may choose to take up to four (4) hours per biennium of continuing education which includes the topics of Human Immunodeficiency Virus, Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome, and other communicable illness to be credited as General Hours.
Other Methods of Obtaining Continuing Education per Biennium
- 2 hours for attending a Board meeting
- Courses approved by the International Hearing Society
- Board approved courses – listed in CEBroker
Click on Chapter or Section Number to View Florida Statute
Chapter 484, Part II, Title XXXII: Fitting and Dispensing Hearing Aids
Chapter 456, Title XXXII: Health Professions and Occupations: General Provisions
Chapter 120, Title X: Administrative Procedure Act
Florida Administrative Code
Rules: Chapter 64B-6: Board of Hearing Aid Specialists
Rules: Chapter 64B: Division of Medical Quality Assurance